Welcome to MyDiscover, Your Discover

"Every situation, moment in time is an opportunity to learn, but only if we are open to the lesson. Once learned, we then take our experience to the next situation, moment in time. This is the process of DISCOVERY over recovery."

Peter Stone, M.A.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not that I am one to tell you so, but I told you so.....

For the past year, I have been sharing my concerns--which should be your concerns-- respective of the people who need mental health the most and the fact that they are the very people being left out. For example, the new DSM-V will offer more generalized diagnoses for behavioral issues. Come on, get real! This move will deepen the pocket's of the insurance companies who support such wonderland labeling. I wonder who is in bed with whom? Now insurance companies are showing their blatant disregard for citizens who struggle, not much unlike the big CEOs who continue to draw unimaginable salaries after having their organizations bailed out by big brother.

Not that I am a fan of hers, however U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently released a report on health care in crisis and the fact insurance companies are reaping the rewards while raping the cititizens who need it the most. Check out their latest move:

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2010pres/02/20100218b.html

Please, share your perspectives and I will ask you to allow me to include them in my series: Psychology In Trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you should have any problems registering for this blog, please contact me directly: peterstone@MyDiscover.org